Want to know what that one thing is?
It's very simple: take action. That's it! One small thing that no one else might see, but you know you accomplished. Eventually all the tiny, one-step tasks will add up to you meeting a goal. Here's what I mean:
Everyone has a goal: could be short-term, long-term, subconscious or fully on your mind. Perhaps it's:
· More friends/different friends/ spend time with friends
· A better job/ a more rewarding job/ quit your job
· Leaving an abusive relationship
· Acceptance (to a college, from a parent, of themselves)
· Learn a new hobby/language/skill
The list could go on indefinitely. What’s your secret wish? (Close your eyes and think of something now. Got it in mind? Good. Read on.)
Now....do something about it. ONE THING. Take a single step in the direction of your goal. Right now. Today. It can be anything. Yeah, yeah, I know. You’re too busy. That's always going to be the answer though. Seriously, when aren't you too busy?
WE’RE ALL TOO BUSY – ALL OF OUR LIVES – AND UNLESS YOU MAKE TIME FOR THE THINGS THAT ARE MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU, YOU WON'T REACH YOUR GOALS.
· Write a letter that you never send (or maybe one you do).
· Send out an application to a job, a college, an award
· Go DO the thing you wanted. Today. At least call and make a future date.
· Send a friend request.
· Research the one thing you wanted to do and sign up for a class.
· Go get a jar right now to put extra money in to save up so you can do that ONE thing
So that’s it - start to blaze that path from WISHING to ACHIEVING with one small step in the right direction. I'll even help you. <push>
Til next time,